Перейти к контенту
Vizzy

Clear Sky

Рекомендуемые сообщения

God DAMN this forum never seems to be up.

Anyway, I got CS via steam and am waiting for it to unlock. Is there any difference? I heard, both with SHOC and CS that there had been some problems relating to mods with the Steam version...

Also, can you please post a broken-down map of the new zone by each playable section? And what new mods are already out for Clear Sky?

Whether PLR stats are realistic or not is not important. What is important is that they create an environment where run&gun mentality has no place. Every time you CHOOSE to engage your enemies, its going to be a risky business which often isnt worth the time spent. Not just that, "realistic" weapons are fun as hell, compared to the dog-crap that vSTALKER has right now. Every fire fight is filled with risk of danger and tention.

And what RPG element youre talking about? Unless youve been living on Mars, STALKER is not an RPG. Its a first person action-horror shooter with RPG elements. If you want RPG, play Oblivion. STALKER is not even close to being an RPG.

Whether PLR stats are realistic or not is not important. What is important is that they create an environment where run&gun mentality has no place. Every time you CHOOSE to engage your enemies, its going to be a risky business which often isnt worth the time spent. Not just that, "realistic" weapons are fun as hell, compared to the dog-crap that vSTALKER has right now. Every fire fight is filled with risk of danger and tention.

And what RPG element youre talking about? Unless youve been living on Mars, STALKER is not an RPG. Its a first person action-horror shooter with RPG elements. If you want RPG, play Oblivion. STALKER is not even close to being an RPG.

prl stats turn stalkler in to an easy run&gun game.

exactly what i was talking about.

playstaion network ID sasha87

Are you on crack, shrooms or MJ? PLR mod makes STALKER into a Ghost Recon - like shooter, which is far from run and gun.

Have you actually played the game with PLR or are you talking out of your rear cavity? Run and gun... hahhaa.

Hell, vSTALKER IS actually run and gun, AMK + PLR is not even close.

Or perhaps "run and gun" is not exactly what you had in mind?

Are you on crack, shrooms or MJ? PLR mod makes STALKER into a Ghost Recon - like shooter, which is far from run and gun.

Have you actually played the game with PLR or are you talking out of your rear cavity? Run and gun... hahhaa.

Hell, vSTALKER IS actually run and gun, AMK + PLR is not even close.

Or perhaps "run and gun" is not exactly what you had in mind?

oh wow you r definately on crack. go back to your halo world you P.O.S. have you even touched a firearm?

playstaion network ID sasha87

As a matter of fact, I have. On top of that, I also go hunting on a regular basis. Airsofting and paintballing aswell. I know a lot more about firefights and how they would pan out, than most people would.

Your "halo" insult is retarded and pathetic at best. If you had any brains in that empty skull of yours, youd know that vSTALKER is closer to HALO, than a tactical shooter. PLR will do just that, make STALKER into a tactical shooter.

Oh, one more thing, you idiot- STALKER already IS a shooter. I dont understand what is that youre so afraid that PLR will change? Firefights too hard for you already?

Realism is win, makes fights much more tense as you say. I think Sasha can't take criticism of Stalker...

But until I get CS and the PLR mod that (is already?) out for it, I will reserve judgement. Maybe it was just me, ut in SHOC PLR didnt seem to work... Do you think it made all the rifles too similiar?

Realism is not an instant ingredient for GREAT gameplay. In a lot of games, realism actually hurts. But since STALKER is a single player experience, one has to have a formidable challenge from a firefight. You have to FEEL as if every time you engage someone, its going to be a difficult task, exciting and filled with adrenaline. vSTALKER does not give that. So yeah, in this case, with single player game, realism fixes the game, introduces the hard, tough and deadly nature of the Zone even further and actually makes you choose the option of engaging the enemies or not.

As for PLR, it did make the weapons kind of similar, indeed. But is that a bad thing? Youll find that you can hit a man sized target at 100 metres with almost any weapon in STALKERs arsenal (talking about rifles and assault rifles only). Also, with Kalashnikov, its harder to hit said target than with a G36, and this is also illustrated further. Then, we take the bullpup type rifle like Groza and youll see that thanks to the long barrel, its almost like a sniper rifle.

The illusion and misconception comes from the fact that even though the ballistics and whatnot may be (as) realistic (as the game allows), since all of the engagements are held within 100 metres and less, youll see no noticable difference between weapons. This may indeed break some of that RPG element (where youre looking for better gear), but it gives back tenfold- it gives you the tention, toughness and lethality in the game. No more Rambo. So little being given away for so, so, so much gained.

Well, despite some saying that CS was delayed in the US until the 25th, I'm seeing indication that it did in fact hit the shelves yesterday. I'll be heading out tomorrow to try and snag a copy. Anyone here playing the American release? How goes the experience?

Not sure what crack Sasha is on, but with PLR, not saying it's realistic, but I stood up in the middle of a firefight for about two seconds with full health and good armor, and died from two 5.45 bullets to the chest.

Anyway, to be on topic, new question: Do the NPCs grenade spam, or only use nades sometimes?

and it's being painful as hell, since they spam them with DEADLY accuracy.

I'm lucky to have an original Russian S:CS with the most recent mods installed (no more gibberish names for guns, the textures are nice and clean, and there are other goodies as well) and the game has became trying - to say the least. it is still buggy with lots of jagged edges and it'll take more than 2 or 3 patches to get it working well (at least to the extent the S:SoC v1.004 is), but the mods actually made me enjoy the gameplay somehow.

at least the firefights don't look like paintball shootouts anymore -) it is pretty common to get outgunned and shot down in 2-3 seconds while trying to take on 3 or 4 foes singlehandedly. if it wasn't for the system lags and constant dropouts (that have NOTHING to do with my rig specs), I'd give the game 7.5 out of 10.

Гость
Эта тема закрыта для публикации сообщений.
  • Недавно просматривали   0 пользователей

Ни один зарегистрированный пользователь не просматривает эту страницу.

AMK-Team.ru

• Создать...